Cross-training this morning on the bike. NOT my favorite. In fact, I hate biking. Not as much as I hate swimming, but close. Funny that I tried doing triathlons a few years ago, right? You shouldn’t pick up a 3 sport discipline if you only enjoy training 1 of the sports. Just a PSA. Anyway, one incredibly awful hour of biking. (BTW: I love spin class, I don’t know why I hate the normal bike so much. My new gym doesn’t do spin class yet though there is a rumor it will start in the next month or two)
Dinner last night was fish, quinoa, and sunchoke puree. Sunchokes are totally one of the best vegetables and you should try it if you can. They also call them Jerusalem Artichokes in some stores.
I got this in the mail for free:
Clearly they knew my lifelong goal was to look like Thor. I’ll stick to my 12lb weights in the corner of the gym, thanks.
Ok, so I thought maybe I should share some random facts about me so you can all get to know me a little better 🙂 And I am, without a doubt, a very random person.
1. I have broken my nose at least 3 times. The first time I was 8 and got a soccer ball in the face. Another soccer injury for #2 (an elbow) and a terrible snowboarding accident for the last one, in which I also got a severe concussion and when I had surgery, they discovered my nose was pretty much collapsed on the inside. Oops. And gross.
2. I hated burgers most of my life. I also (still) don’t eat hotdogs so I was pretty much a cookout’s worst nightmare until about 2-3 years ago. Joe and I were watching Man v Food and saw the Juicy Lucy and decided to try it to see if it would help me like burgers, which I always avoided because I hated what I call the “crumbly” texture. It did, and I could eat burgers as long as the cheese was baked into the meat. I eventually learned to appreciate other burgers that are prepared well and not crumbly, which I can usually tell by the type of restaurant that serves them, but if I’m wrong and the texture is off then I can’t last more than a bite. I have texture issues, obviously 😦
3. I am ostensibly afraid of heights. I say ostensibly because I have skydived and bungee jumped and done a whole bunch of other stupid height things. I was weirdly unafraid of the skydiving but everything else with heights scares me and I get all sweaty and shaky but I just don’t let it stop me doing things because then life would suck, right? I hate flying because of my fear but I’m not going to let it stop me from traveling, I just have nightmares for weeks leading up to a flight.
4. I’m a huge fan of country music. Everyone I know listens to it and goes to the concerts all summer long so I’m used to spending my summers at the outdoor pavilion just sitting on the grass with a few beers and friends and listening to great music. The biggest event is an all day festival that is absolute craziness for us every year and I went to it from age 14-26 when I moved out of the area. Words cannot express how sad I was to miss it last year. Now my only country fix is on my ipod so I’m always updating it to listen to new songs while I’m running.
5. I LOVE animals. I have a zillion “favorite” wild animals but I have a particular love for elephants and for the large cats. So our honeymoon in South Africa was basically heaven. I was crushed that I couldn’t find a rehabilitation center with a young lion for me to see. My bucket list includes feeding a baby lion/tiger/insert other wild animal in a rehab center and visiting one of those elephant rehabilitation centers and getting up close and personal with elephants. I’m hoping I can manage it for my 30th birthday (a ways away still!) because that would just be the best thing ever. Here is an elephant from my South Africa trip:
I even have an elephant necklace I wear every day 🙂
Tell me any random fact about you!